Friday, December 6, 2013

History always wins.

I have been forgetting so many lessons that life has to turn around and teach them to me all over again. But thankfully Life is very kind this time around.
I am sitting in the bed of my oldest friend and although I have known it all this while that her life has taken a 360 degree turn and it has been initiated by her, I never saw it up close. It took a conversation with her for me to realize what I had been ignoring.

There are times in this life when one wonders why people left. With this one, I had left her. Mercilessly. And today, it feels like I got her back. Her outlook to life from cynical has become beautiful. She heard my woes, told me hers. We laughed like maniacs. We danced.

Years and years of togetherness overcame the petty issues. Years that we grew up, nothing can take those away. After ages we sat and told each other truths and we did not hesitate. There was no formality as to how the other would feel. No sense of obligation. It was pure honesty. Pure Love.

I said to her, "It's so hard to finally realise that we are all alone eventually."
She said, "But we never are..."

No comments: