Monday, December 30, 2013

Bubye Twenty Thirteen

Last Day!
As I stared at my computer screen waiting to write this post, eating my sunny side up breakfast and simultaneously uploading the Reunion video, I thought about what exactly was I bidding a goodbye to. 2013 for me was a year of Beginnings. And not just any random, I will stay in shape or I will be healthy beginnings, but life changing ones.

So it is only fair that the last post of the year be a list. Because I discovered this year that I am a List Making person. I love checking them off.

1. This year was the beginning of my career, as a passionate Dance Entrepreneur. I chose not to call  myself a choreographer since that is extremely limiting as a word. Dance Entrepreneur describes me better. I make everything about dancing a part of my business and try to earn money from it. I have set out to prove that Dancing can make people rich without the harrowing Bollywood struggle. I have set out to bring a class to this profession. This path may not be the candyfloss of professions but I love it. It is my calling. It always had been.

 2. This year was a beginning of Spiritual Awakening. I still have a long way to go but I have witnessed the power of gratitude, of thoughts, of love, of smiles, of hugs, of deliberately being happy because that is the perfect state of mind. I discovered that one cannot depend on others for joy. I am working now to attain that self loving, that level of gratitude. Nevertheless my life is now Magic, where miracles take place, unicorns fly across the rainbows, nature talks to me and I cherish this life more than ever.

3. The facade of Friendship as I thought to be true was broken. This year made me see what a friendship truly means. It is not about giving and only giving. Like all relationships, there has to be a balance. I made some severe adjustments towards this balance and some not so severe this year. I made sure I spent more time with my friends no matter how busy I was. I made sure that they were not the only ones trying to understand my issues and I lent my ear when required. I patched things up. I tried to balance all this by giving up on someone very dear. I did it to make sure that my relationship with that person would not go sour. I still can't say if I succeeded.
I realized that protecting self is primary. I also understood that one cannot just make friends. It needs to happen of it's own accord. 

4. I found the importance of being an active participant of your daily life. I found out that living passively, letting each day pan out as it is supposed to is not just boring and frustrating but also not required. The minute I stepped up my game, my life took a drastic turn. I am now designing my life as I want to and not waiting for things to fall in my lap.

5. This year was the beginning of next generation for me, as I welcomed my niece Aadya into this world. She is so round, so cute and so tiny. She is the only child I can never get annoyed with. She is precious. She is mine. I can't wait for her to start talking and call me Maasi. I can't wait for her to hold my hand and start walking. I can't wait for her to start dancing, and singing, and painting, and reading. I can't wait for her to grow up and tell me about her crush. She just made me a little more responsible, a little mature.

6. This year I found out or rather admitted to myself that I can do a lot of things, and I can do them well. 

Well six is a weird number, in a list that is. I can't think of anymore though. I have tried to sort of group them logically and make them all inclusive. 
Also I am running late for Lunch with the most epic friend ever, and I cannot wait to dissect little tidbits of my travel with her.

Tomorrow? Resolutions!
Day after? More travel! Wohooo!

No comments: