Thursday, June 28, 2012

Always a Contradiction

Why do we always feel drawn to things we cannot have?
What is this innate human tendency to crave for the forbidden, to find it irresistible. When you tell a child that ice cream is off limits, ice cream is all that the child wants. Why are we such rebels by nature?
Moreover who decides what is to be had and what is not to be had? The moral code of conduct has been fed into our brains from our birth and we just have to abide. Because arguably it is 'the right thing to do'.

Cravings like these are all around us. Multiple examples in our faces all the time. The concept of Reverse Psychology has born out of this human tragic flaw. You see it in children, adolescents, teenagers, youth, the middle age, older generation. It does not spare anyone! This is one of those continuities, that collectively groups us as a race.

What is most surprising is how we get so easily lured by that which is prohibited. Is it a sense of achievement that tags us as a true resister of the societal norms? Or is it just a curiousness to find out the consequences?
What is it?

Random thoughts always have some base, some connection to an existing phenomenon. I am sure of that.

Moving on.

I just felt something.
Every time you look at me, I get jitters. Still.
Is that normal behavior? Or is it my Romance vicariously living through my hormones?

It could just be me.

:)


3 comments:

«« hAdez »» said...

Shama Kahe Parwane Se Pare Chala Jaa
Meri Tarah Jal Jayega Yahan Nahi Aa
Woh Nahi Sunta Usko Jal Jaana Hota Hai...

:)

Soumya said...

Sachi baat hai.... I am told that I cannot have Mr. Darcy (apparently he isn't "real") & I'm like ya, whatever, still want him.

Anukriti Khare said...

@hadez: Nice reference. Great song! Made me smile... :)

@Anya: It is Rhett butler for me. I dream about him for nights every time I read GWTW or even Scarlett. And not just normal dreams if you know what i mean...