Sunday, December 21, 2008

SNAP!!! and its done...

When you are sitting in an examination hall waiting for the invigilator to sign your booklet and the bell to ring so that you can un-seal your question paper, you generally start thinking...

Now those who have studied day in and day out for the entrance, they want to clear their minds a little. Generally the de-tangling of facts takes place when you turn around to ask a total stranger (or wait did we take the same coaching classes??) about the various variables and the ugly trigonometric formulae.

Then there are those who are cent percent sure of themselves (do they really exist?) and who have been constantly assured by their teachers that they will top this entrance and various institutions will beg them to take admission.

But there are people like me as well who a day before the entrance decide that they will take the exam, and that they will actually sit in one place for two hours and randomly answer some questions which they are not even sure of. We (referring to the whole community of entrance exam haters and people not even remotely prepared for them), take a look around the room. We find our place and sit down only to analyse what is happening around. Thoughts revolve around why is that girl trying to study at the last moment to why those two boys are talking to each other so animatedly(the cheating pair of the class??) to why these seats are so small and how is that huge guy even managing to sit (or fit?) into these??

The bell finally rings and the paper commences. Two hours of testing my intelligence and my memory (considering I am not prepared otherwise and I have to depend only on my memory!). And 'SNAP' (or ZAP!) two hours are gone... I am out of the hall, smiling brightly as I think- 'It wasn't as disastrous as i thought it would be...'

5 comments:

deluded said...

SOMEBODY aced the exams it seems.

Crizzie Criz! said...

I belong to the last category of your thoughts...

"as to why these seats are so small and how is that huge guy even managing to sit (or fit?) into these??"

Been there, done that. Exams were fun, especially when one never studies for it and faces the outcome with a smiling face and a steely heart... like me.

Thinking back, three years after I gave the last exam of my life, in Delhi, I nostalgically understand that those were fun days.

Collect those exam-hall memories close to your chest and repeat after Gholum in the Lord of the Rings...

"My precious Precious..."

P.S: Why don't you try replying?

Samster said...

you-are SOOOO gonna crack it...remember to thank me later for forcing you to give it... :D

okay okay...along with S and Silly Billy :D

*proud*

Anonymous said...

Nicely narrated. I hope you did well! :) Congrats on being done with the exam.

Anonymous said...

Bang bang, he shot me down
Bang bang, I hit the ground
Bang bang, that awful sound
Bang bang, my baby shot me down.

Bang bang, Lazy Bones,
Bang bang, where's the new post?
Bang bang, where's the muse?
Bang bang, my baby wrote it down!

P.S:
1) The baby in the song doesnt actually mean a baby.
2) No babies were harmed during the composition of this song.
3) If anyone find any resemblence to nancy Sinatra's iconic song, it's purely coincidental.